Friday, February 8, 2013

My First Try At Homemade Bread

I know, I know. If you cook so much how on earth have you not tried bread before now? Well, let me clear this up. I have made bread. I've made some delicious zucchini bread, pumpkin bread, and any kind of bread with no yeast necessary, but I've always been so afraid of yeast! Silly, I know. Even sillier now that I know how easy it is to make bread on my own!! So, I tried making my very own sandwich bread, and let me tell you I hope I never have to go back to store bought. It is so tasty, easy, and so much less stuffed with words I can't pronounce that I can't imagine buying it again :) So, with that being said you should definitely try this out yourself!

I found this recipe on Pinterest from this Blog 

Here is how mine turned out:

SUPER TASTY!!! Also, it made two loaves, so that is even more exciting :)


Ingredients
3 cups luke warm water
1 packet instant rise yeast
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup oil
1 Tbsp salt
6-7 cups flour

Directions
To start, mix the water, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl. I let it sit about 10 minutes, if you use fast rise/instant yeast you probably don't need to let it sit, but I do anyway. Then add oil. Add all the dry ingredients together and mix until smooth.

Begin kneading dough until everything is well incorporated and smooth. If it feels too sticky, add a little more flour. The dough should be slightly sticky and should also pull away from the sides of the bowl. Then set in the oven covered with the light on until it rises to the top of the bowl.

Remove from oven, punch the dough down. Divide the dough into two loaf pans. Then let rise again until it reaches about an inch above the pans.

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Let bake for 25 minutes until a nice golden color. Remove from oven, immediately remove from pans and place on cooling rack.

Eat when warm if you can bear to touch it ;) So tasty with some good whipped honey or jam! Yummo! Also, we used it as sandwich bread all week and it was such a hit with both myself and my husband all week long!

Have a great weekend!!!


1 comment:

  1. Yum! There is just nothing better! Now, whip some butter and honey together and hope you get to eat a piece! My adult kids still remember eating just homemade bread warm from the oven with honey butter! :)

    ReplyDelete