Sunday, April 29, 2012

Mashed Cauliflower

I have yet again been inspired by a pinterest recipe! It is mashed cauliflower. I had heard about this in the past and had thought about trying it many times, but never thought about looking up a recipe when the time came. Luckily, pinterest is a permanent reminder of things I want to try :) So, I gave it a go. Along with the mashed cauliflower we had chicken (I had quorn) and asparagus risotto which I wish I could say I made myself, but it was actually from Target. It was really delicious though! So, while this meal looks really white, there are very few carbs actually involved.


The photo above is with the quorn aka fake chicken, and it was seasoned with some lemon pepper seasoning because that is my favorite!!

Now, on the the mashed cauliflower recipe!! I modified this recipe a bit to our liking from I Breathe, I'm Hungry blog..here is my version :)

Ingredients
1 medium head of cauliflower
2 Tbl heavy cream
1 Tbl butter
parmesan cheese for taste
salt and pepper to taste

Directions
Wash and cut up head of cauliflower into small pieces. Then place the cut up cauliflower, butter, and cream into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for five minutes uncovered. After five minutes, stir the ingredients in the bowl and place back into the microwave for another four minutes, uncovered.

Once microwaving is done, you're almost done. I poured the whole microwave bowl and the cheese and salt/pepper into the blender and put it on the puree setting for a few minutes (stopping occasionally to stir). Once that was done I placed it one our plates with everything else!

Super easy and super yummy!!


Josh chose to cover his in some leftover gravy from a previous meal (crock pot ranch pork chops, although I didn't catch a picture so no post yet) and his chicken was baked thirty minutes in the oven with a little olive oil, red pepper flakes, italian seasoning, and garlic at 375. Easy peasy meal, just made the risotto and cauliflower while the chicken baked and voila! Yummy!

Follow Me on Pinterest



No comments:

Post a Comment