Friday, June 29, 2012

Knit Baby Blanket

Since yesterday was like the hottest day in June in Iowa for the past like thirty years, I think it is safe to say that I am glad that baby blanket was done! Knitting while covered in yarn is not the coolest activity...especially when you don't have central air :) Sending out this blanket was one of the most relieving things I have done in awhile. I usually only do small projects that take a few hours, but this blanket was for a good friend. I thought it might be a challenge, but I wanted it to be great! I was asked to make a baby blanket for a shower and we didn't know if it was a boy or girl, but didn't want it to look too girly either way. So, I found yarn with green and orange along with pink and purple, and made the squares because it seemed more neutral than lacy patterns. Recently found out...it's a girl!!! yeay! But...Boy, was it a challenge. It took so much longer than I anticipated, and it looked so much smaller than I thought it might. Good thing newborns are tiny :) Oh well, it looked great besides that and the detailing was fun once it was done. I hope they enjoy this blanket! I'm so happy I was able to do this for my friend, but will stick with my small projects from now on!! Here is a sneak peek of my baby blanket...if you want the pattern just let me know (it's a really easy pattern and gives a cool result)


The completed blanket


The edges (not the ruffle) are tiny squares...


while the middle is big squares!


Beautiful layette :)...but I may be biased

1 comment:

  1. I think it is secure to say that I am grateful that child cover was done!
    The best uk site afghan cookbook

    ReplyDelete