Saturday, June 30, 2012

Chicken Parmesan

This chicken was a hit with my husband, but I think what he really enjoyed was the caprese bread with it :) I think the overall meal was a success though. It felt pretty well rounded and healthy even though I sort of just threw it together! So, check out this yummy chicken (using ingredients I had laying around)




Ingredients
2 boneless chicken breasts
1/2 cup panko crumbs
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 tsp italian seasoning
1 egg, whisked
1/2 can diced tomatoes
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese

Directions
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a small bowl mix together the panko crumbs, parmesan, and italian seasoning. Dip chicken breasts into the egg and coat thoroughly. Then dip into the panko crumb mixture and coat completely. Place chicken breasts into a baking dish and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and pour tomatoes and mozzarella on top. Replace in the oven for 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted nicely.

Remove from oven and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This looks so good! Thanks so much for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday." I know my family will love it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple but so delicious looking!!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete