Sunday, June 17, 2012

Peanut Butter Popcorn

Ok, I think it's time for me to be honest with you guys. I have an addiction...to PEANUT BUTTER!!! I'm pretty sure it's my favorite food, and I can't thank George Washington Carver enough for his discovery, and if I were stranded on a deserted island this would be my one food item of choice...see, you get the idea. I'm a PB junkie! It's a joke amongst friends and family and so, I am sharing my very first peanut butter recipe with you. It's soo yummy! Ok, but first I must give a special thanks to The Girl Who Ate Everything, where I got the recipe.

Ok, a few things here. I wish I could have made it more healthy, but I'm pretty sure you need the not so healthy peanut butter because natural doesn't melt so well. Also, I used light corn syrup, but does anyone have good suggestions for a substitute for that? Anyway, it's not particularly healthy, but we must live for fun sometimes :) The one healthy thing I did was using popcorn kernels instead of bagged popcorn so there weren't all the chemicals and butter and who knows what else is in those weird little bags.



Mix together sugar, honey, and corn syrup until boiling


Add in the peanut butter and vanilla until it is creamy and melted


Pour over popcorn and eat!


Ingredients
1/2 cup popcorn kernels
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup corn syrup
1 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla

Directions
Heat sugar, honey, and corn syrup in a medium sauce pan over medium heat until it turns liquidy. Keep an eye on it until it begins to boil. In the meantime, make popcorn however you make it ( I used about 1/8 oil with my kernels over the stove in a high sided pan). Once popcorn is popped, place in a large container and set in the oven to keep warm.

Once the syrup begins to boil, let boil for only 1-2 minutes then add vanilla and peanut butter. Make sure you mix it well so that the peanut butter gets nice and melted. It will have a nice creamy texture. Pour over the popcorn and let sit until it's no longer sticky! Dig in!

Okay, okay, I'll admit it. I couldn't wait until it was fully dry to try it out and it was yummy wet, but don't burn yourself because it is pretty warm. Hope you enjoy this as much as I do!




Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Oh yum! Love my peanut butter, and I love popcorn. Found you over at add a pinch Mondays! :) I'd love it if you checked out my blog too! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am like you - I'm addicted! This popcorn is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks SO good! I know what I'm making for a special treat this week! :-) Thanks for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! My friend has a recipe for this and I have always wanted it! Thanks for sharing and linking to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect for a peanut butter fan!!!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! My husband would love this, he's the total PB fan in our home, although the rest of us like it, too.

    We'd love for you to link up to our Finished Friday blog party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm pinning this to my popcorn board. Two of my favorites-peanut butter and popcorn! Thanks for sharing at our Handmade Tuesdays party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this so much I chose it as a feature from last week's party. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad everyone is enjoying peanut butter popcorn as much as I am :) Thanks so much for stopping by everyone, I appreciate all the support!

    ReplyDelete