Tuesday, May 22, 2012

May Date

Well, we finally picked a night to do our May date. If you have no idea what I'm talking about check out this post to explain mine and my husband's wedding gift to one another. This is one of the dates that I created. It was lots of fun to think of all the dates, and this one seemed like a winner because I had a number of things that my husband in particular loves. So, our date for this month was going to see the movie Dark Shadows (after dinner) then going star gazing with snacks. So, we went to see the movie, which I wouldn't particularly recommend. It wasn't funny and there was a lot of sexual content. Usually my husband and I really enjoy Tim Burton and Johnny Depp, but this was a disappointment. Anyway, after the movie we headed home to grab a blanket, snacks, a flashlight, and a constellations book that  I borrowed from a friend. Our snack consisted of this yummy asiago with basil cheese I bought (we love trying fun cheeses) paired with a sea salt and olive oil cracker.

Plus, we took cherries with us too. We also had bought a hard cider drink that sounded good which we never do because 1) we don't like spending money on alcohol 2) neither of us ever drinks, so this was quite the splurge. Then we headed outside with our goods and set up our blanket. I meant to take more pictures, but we just sat and talked and laughed and tried to figure out the constellation book. There wasn't much to take pictures of, plus it was dark out :) Anyway, it was so nice to get away from all of the craziness of moving, packing, saying our goodbyes and all that fun stuff and just be the two of us enjoying each other as we approach our two month anniversary. This date is a winner for sure...you should definitely try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment