Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Life Without TV, pt 3

Well, we have gone over why we live without TV, what we do when without TV, and now I want to discuss how it has affected us. It is funny how often people rely on television for something to do. Since I haven't had TV for a year now, I don't even notice it anymore. I don't even know what I would do if I did have television at this point, the cable package would probably be wasted since I have found so many other fun and enjoyable things to fill my time.

So, how has not having television affected us as a little family unit? It has been a very good impact on us. That's the long and short of it! I feel healthier because I have more time to cook good quality meals, I also have  more time for working out, and I don't sit as much in front of a tv set. We also feel closer as a couple because we are able to do things together such as write our book, talk, play with our dog, and just spend quality time together. Also, we feel like better pet parents. We are able to play outside with the dog, take him on walks/runs, and make him homemade treats. I also feel like my home is better kept. I have more time to clean my house, try fun projects, and generally keep up on errands and chores.

That is how life without a television has affected our home as a whole. I am really happy with the way it has worked out, and maybe one day we will decided to get television, but maybe not. I think when we have children they will want it, but I also think it would be good for our home and children if we didn't, so we will just wait and see!

Check out the rest of the series on Life Without TV!! See our decision not to have TV and what we do without a tv!

No comments:

Post a Comment