Monday, May 21, 2012

Teriyaki Rice and Broccoli

Well, good news today. Not only did I accomplish a lot packing for our big move, but I also made a successful "get rid of everything in the cabinets" meal. As we get closer to our big move, we are increasingly trying to rid our cabinets of food items so they don't get tossed or have to be moved. Earlier this week I made some delicious butterscotch oatmeal cookies that way, with a Hershey's recipe, but it used up all my butterscotch chips and a lot of my regular ingredients I keep on hand, so that was nice. Anyway, this was my own creation and it was super simple!

Ingredients
4 servings of instant white rice
1 Tbl olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
frozen broccoli (amount to your liking)



Directions
Prepare white rice according to direction on the box. While that is cooking, cut the garlic cloves into small pieces.Once the rice is done cooking, heat the olive oil and garlic into a medium skillet on medium heat. Pour the cooked rice into the skillet and stir with oil and garlic. Then pour the teriyaki sauce into the skillet and stir until all the rice is coated in a nice brown. Add in the frozen broccoli, cover, and turn to low heat. Let cook 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Voila! Done :)

I paired this with the last frozen chicken breast for my husband and just ate a heaping pile for myself since I am all out of protein substitutes and don't want to buy more with less than a week before the move. I know, I know, I am being a terrible vegetarian example and not using variety or getting protein, but I promise once we are all moved and settled I will be a much better example for vegetarians everywhere. Anyway, have a blessed day :)


Lil\'Luna

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this at our Handmade Tuesdays party! It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete