Thursday, May 31, 2012

Overnight Maple Oatmeal

Since I don't have work these days ( I am working on applying for a job, but until then I can have a little fun with cooking because I have more time), I am staying up later and while my husband and I were up, I thought I'd make some oatmeal for breakfast! I love oatmeal, and anything that makes it easier is right up my alley. I knew I had a recipe on pinterest, so I found it and saved on my recipes for this week. On a side note, I started the new board a few weeks ago because I got so frustrated that I couldn't search within my own pins for a recipe since I have so many. So when I make my menu now, I add the recipes to my board for meals this week and can find them much easier through the chaos. If they are good they go on the keeper page OR get deleted if we aren't a fan. Anyway, that is really beside the point, I am an excellent rambler at times so let's get down to the good stuff!

Ingredients

6-8 cups of water*
2 cups steel cut oats
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup dried blueberries (or your choice of fruit/nuts)

*the amount of water you add is dependent upon how you like the consistency of your oatmeal. I prefer a thicker oatmeal and we sometimes add milk after we make it, so we use less. If you like a thinner, more wet oatmeal I'd go toward the 8 cups.


Directions
Spray the inside of a 4-5 qt crock pot with cooking spray. Combine all of the ingredients in the slower cooker and stir. Cook on low for 7-8 hours. Before serving stir thoroughly and then place in bowls. You can then add any yummy extras like nuts or fresh fruit on top :)

Ok, so I didn't get a picture in of this, but either way, it is tasty!! You should definitely try it out, and maybe if I remember I will take a picture tomorrow when I eat the leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment